On-Line Documents to Peruse
For more information about NCSTRL
- Who and what is NCSTRL, anyway?
- How do I participate in NCSTRL?
- I'd like to know more about the
handle service, which is used for document naming in NCSTRL
Installing and maintaining an NCSTRL-standard site
NCSTRL-standard sites run a Dienst server, which manages their document collection,
allows searches on it, and provides a user interface gateway to the entire NCSTRL collection.
- How do I download and install
the Dienst software?
- Once I am up and running, how do I keep my document database and Dienst server
- How do I find out and install new releases?
- When you register your site with NCSTRL, you will be added to the
NCSTRL mailing list. New release announcements will be sent to this list.
- Check out the
release notes for a history and status of current Dienst releases.
- Check out the releases directory
for detailed diff's between releases.
- Read the
tips for upgrading to a new release.
Installing and maintaining an NCSTRL-lite site
NCSTRL-lite sites maintain an FTP archive of their documents and bibliograhic
files. A Dienst central indexing server collects the bibliographic files and
allows searching over them.
More technical information.
Related Sources of CS Material on the Internet.
This work was supported in part by the Advanced Research Projects
Agency under Grant No. MDA972-92-J-1029 with the Corporation for
National Research Initiatives (CNRI), by the National Science Foundation
under Grant No. NSF-CDA-9308259, and by Xerox Corporation. Its content
does not necessarily reflect the position or the policy of the Government
or CNRI, and no official endorsement should be inferred.
Return to ARTEMIS Home Page
Any comments or questions?
Contact us at